Selwin Wu, PhD
Mechanisms of cell signaling in homeostasis and cancer.
|2014-Present||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Pellman Lab|
|2010-2014||Ph.D., University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia|
|2007-2009||B.Sc. (Hons) Developmental Biology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia|
- Acharya BR, Wu SK, Liu ZZ, Parton RG, Grill SW, Bershadsky AD, Gomez GA, Yap AS (2017)
Mammalian Diaphanous 1 mediates a pathway for E-cadherin to stabilize epithelial barriers through junctional
contractility. Cell Reports.
- Wu SK*, Anne K. Lagendijk, Benjamin M. Hogan, Gomez GA, Yap AS* (2015) Active contractility at E-
cadherin junctions and its implications for cell extrusion in cancer. Cell Cycle. 14(3): 315-322.
- Gomez GA, McLachlan RW, Wu SK, Caldwell B, Moussa E, Verma S, Bastiani M, Priya R, Parton RG,
Gaus K, Sap J, Yap AS (2015) A PTPRA/SFK/Rap1 signaling module regulates Myosin IIB to support
contractile tension at apical E-cadherin junctions. Molecular Biology of the Cell.
- Greenlees R & Mihelec M, Yousoof S, Spiedel D, Wu SK, Rinkwitz S, Prokudin I, Perveen R, Cheng A, Ma
A, Loebel D, Smith JC, Lloyd C, Grigg JR, Tam PP, Yap AS, Becker T, Black G, Semina E, Jamieson RV
(2015) Mutations in SIPA1L3 cause eye defects through disruption of cell polarity and cytoskeleton
organization. Human Molecular Genetics (Featured Front cover)
- Wu SK, Gomez GA, Michael M, Verma S, Cox HL, Lefevre JG, Parton RG, Hamilton NA, Neufeld Z, Yap
AS (2014) Cortical F-actin stabilization generates apical-lateral patterns of junctional contractility that integrate
cells into epithelia. Nature Cell Biology. 16: 167-78. (Featured front cover)
- Wu SK*, Budnar S, Yap AS*, Gomez GA (2014) Pulsatile contractility of actomyosin networks organizes
the cellular cortex at lateral cadherin junctions. European Journal of Cell Biology. 93: 396-404
- Moore T, Wu SK, Michael M, Yap AS, Gomez GA, Neufeld Z (2014) Self-organizing actomyosin patterns
on the cell cortex at epithelial cell-cell junctions. Biophysical Journal. 107: 2652-61
- Leerberg JM, Gomez GA, Verma S, Moussa EJ, Wu SK, Priya R, Hoffman BD, Grashoff C, Schwartz MA,
Yap AS (2014) Tension-sensitive actin assembly supports contractility at the epithelia zonula adherens. Current
- Han SP, Gambin Y, Gomez GA, Verma S, Giles N, Michael M, Wu SK, Guo Z, Johnston W, Sierecki E,
Parton RG, Alexandrov K, Yap AS (2014) Cortactin scaffolds Arp2/3 and WAVE2 at the epithelial zonula
adherens. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 289:7764-75. (Featured front cover and JBC paper of the week)
- Wu SK* and Yap AS* (2013) Patterns in space- Coordinating adhesion and actomyosin contractility at E-
cadherin junctions. Cell Communication and Adhesion. 20:201-12.
- Smutny M, Wu SK, Gomez GA, Mangold S, Yap AS, Hamilton NA (2011) Multicomponent analysis
of junctional movements regulated by Myosin II isoforms at the epithelial zonula adherens. PLOS ONE.
- Mangold S, Wu SK, Norwood SJ, Collins BM, Hamilton NA, Thorn P, Yap AS (2011) Hepatocyte growth
factor acutely perturbs actin filament anchorage at the epithelial zonula adherens. Current Biology 21(6): 503-7.